Christina Büsing studied Mathematics at the WWU Münster, the Universidad Comlutense de Madrid and the Technical University of Berlin.
She did her dissertation under Prof. Möhring on the topic of Recoverable Robustness in Combinatorial Optimisation
She then worked as a PostDoc in Aachen, Lancaster and Vienna.
From 2016-2022 Christina Büsing served as Junior Professor for Robust Planning in Medical Care
at the RWTH Aachen and since 2022 she is Full Professor for Combinatorial Optimisation
at RWTH Aachen University. She leads the Teaching and Research Group on Combinatorial Optimisation
and her reserach interests include optimisation under uncertainty, robust optimisation, szenario generation, combinatorial optimisation, complexity theory, optimality criteria and both exact and heuristic algorithms.
Christina Büsing has done applied research on energy and mobility, with a special emphasis on operational issues in healthcare.
- Optimisation under uncertainty, robust optimisation, scenario generation
- Combinatorial Optimisation, complexity, optimiality criteria
- Exact algorithms, heuristics
- Applications to healthcare, energy and transport
For a full overview of Christina Büsing's research we refer you to the RWTH Aachen Publication Database
and Google Scholar
. Three examplary publications:
Network planning under demand uncertainty with robust optimization, 2012 in IEEE Communications Magazine by Thomas Bauschert, Christina Büsing, Fabio D'andreagiovanni, Arie MCA Koster,
Manuel Kutschka, Uwe Steglich IEEE/OpenAccess. DOI: 10.1109/MCOM.2014.6736760.
New Results about Multi-band Uncertainty in Robust Optimization, 2014 in Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNTCS,volume 7276)
by Christina Büsing, Fabio D'andreagiovanni. Springer. OpenAccess. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-30850-5_7.
Robust strategic planning for mobile medical units with steerable and unsteerable demands, 2021 in the European Journal of Operational Research
by Christina Büsing, Martin Comis, Eva Schmidt, Manuel Streicher. ELSEVIER. OpenAccess. DOI: 10.1016/j.ejor.2021.02.037.
Lectures for Bachelor's and Masters's students:
- Introduction to Business Mathematics (fall term 2022)
- Optimisation B (fall term 2021, 2022)
- Algorithmic Discrete Mathematics (spring term 2011)
Lectures for Master's students:
- Mathematical Heuristics for Discrete Optimisation (each spring term since 2016)
- Theory of Graph and Network Optimisation (each fall term since 2017)
- Graph and Network Optimisation (fall term 2012, 2015)
- Applied Optimisation with Modelling Languages (fall term 2012)
- Seminar on Discrete Optimisation (since 2016, jointly with Prof. Arie Koster)
- Seminar on Graph- and Networkoptimisation (spring term 2013)
2019 EURO Program Committee
Since 2018 UnRAVeL Graduate College
2018 INOC Program Committee
2017 ESA Program Committee
2016 ÖGOR Dimploma Award Committee
2022 RWTH Aachen Brigitte-Gilles-Award for contributions to the advancement of women in science
2019 RWTH Aachen FAMOS-Award for excelling family-friendly leadership
2018 RWTH Aachen university-wide Best Teaching Award
2008 TU Berlin Best Diploma Excellence Award in Mathematics
2003-2007 German National Scholarship (Cusanuswerk)